July 27, 2011

Let's Try This Again...

Well, I warned everyone I was a procrastinator :) I saw a sign today that said, "I could do amazing things, if I could just get started." Yes - I can relate. I have so many ideas whirling around in my head and most of them stay right there, in my head. I am going to try posting photos and journaling in this medium of blogging again, no promises on how long it will last or how consistent it will be. So here goes nothing...

Yesterday, we made Rice Krispie treats in our PJ's. I promised Drew that we would make them the night before and time got away from us, so first thing in the morning he was ready to get started.

I dragged out my old recipe book, the one I swore I would never have. Tattered un-organized, recipes just stacked in the back. The kind of recipe book that mom had, which I would shake my head at and think I am going to be way more organized than this. I kind of settled into it's look and feel and now I don't have the heart to get rid of it. I know what your thinking at this point, yes I need a recipe for Rice Krispie treats. Jeremy wrote this one, the recipe was taken over the phone from his mom a couple of years ago. The one on the box didn't seem right and hers always turns out good (extra butter).







I try to have each of the kids do something when I cook so they can share in the fun. Drew cut the butter into the marshmallows, he loves any excuse to use the knife these days. He is getting really good at making salads too!

























Bear assisted and Ava held tight to the bowl.


















































We had more than what our pan would hold so everyone had a little mid-morning treat. Bear has a bit of a sweet tooth and several times said, "this is good cereal mom!"


























And some leftover for mommy!


























These photos were all taken in the kitchen using natural light from three big windows on the east side. I love the light in the mid-morning it is so soft.

Special thanks to Paige D. for making a sweet comment and reminding me this blog was hanging out here waiting to be used again.

Enjoy the rest of the week!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Wish I could wiggle my nose and join you for some treats! :-)

    ReplyDelete